Adult In-School Mentor
1 person is interested
The In School Mentoring program provides girls and boys with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with, within school grounds. For one hour a week, mentors meet with their mentee and engage in activities such as board games, crafts or just hang out in the playground.
The In School Mentoring program requires a weekly visit of 1 hour for the duration of the school year. Matches do not meet over the summer break or during other school holidays.
The program strives to do the following:
- Provide a role model and a friend for girls and boys
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers
- Instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- Have mentors make a difference while having fun
We'll work with your schedule.
The Langley AreaLangley, BC V3A 4G2Canada
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week during the school year
- No experience is required to mentor a child