Big Brother Mentor
4 people are interested
The Big Brothers Mentoring program provides boys and young men with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program usually requires weekly scheduled outings of 2 to 4 hours each, and a minimum of 1 year commitment.
The program strives to do the following:
- Provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers
- Instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- Have mentors make a difference while having fun
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Langley AreaLangley, BC V3A 4G2Canada
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for at least one year
- No experience is required to mentor a child