No Veteran Dies Alone Volunteer (Hospice/Palliative Care Program)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereVoluntary Service (135)3900 Woodland AvenuePhiladelphia, PA 19104
Through our Hospice and Palliative Care Program, Voluntary Service has partnered to recruit volunteers for our No Veteran Dies Alone Program. This program is not for everyone as individuals sit with Veterans who may be in the final stages of their life. This is a rewarding volunteer opportunity and our Hospice and Palliative Care team is exceptional.
In addition to the volunteer application, interview, and orientation, there is a separte 4-hour training with the Hospice and Palliative Care team.
This opportunity is ideal for retired nurses, retired clinicians, social workers, college students seeking close patient interaction.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week (minimum)
- Application, Interview, Specific training and shadowing of current NVDA volunteer
- Nurse Aide
- Messenger Volunteer
- Youth Program Volunteer...
- Recreation Therapy Groups
- Volunteers helping Veterans
- Red Coat Ambassadors/Information...
- Attention SEWERS!
- High School Volunteer...
- Pet Therapy Escorts
- Gallery of Honored Memories...
- Volunteer Transportation Program
- Youth Group Visits
- Short Procedure Unit (SPU)...
- Community Service...
- Historical Artifacts...
- Development Ambassador
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- No Veteran Dies Alone Volunteer...