Strengthen your community by engaging and counseling community members in job readiness and other important life skills.
Apply online: https://americorps.equalheart.org/AmericorpApplication_fall2017.html
We are looking for dedicated individuals to serve as Adult EducationAmeriCorps memberswith the Dallas Public Libraries. Members make a difference in the community by providing one-on-one coaching, classes, workshops and outreach related to important life skills and job readiness.
- Age 17 or older
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Able to commit to 30 hours/week (Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat workweek options)
- Able to start on September 11th
- Must serve 30 hours/week through May 12th, 2018 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- $7,000 Living Allowance, paid in bi-weekly payments of $400
- $2,907 Education Award, paid at end of term (May 12th) and can be used for existing student loans or future education expenses like tuition and books
- Experience in the service sector
Successful candidates should be:
- interested in making a difference in the Dallas community
*Preference given to those with experience in counseling, social work, workforce development, and/or community outreach. Great fit for recent graduates with BSW.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Apply online at https://americorps.equalheart.org/AmericorpApplication_fall2017.html