Book lovers, rejoice! Our bookstore, as part of Julia’s Caf?, is home to 5,000 gently used books. It takes a lot of volunteers to make the bookstore successful, and we have many opportunities for individuals looking for committed volunteer role. If you are interested in supporting Habitat for Humanity by volunteering with Julia’s Caf? and Books, please complete a Volunteer Application, or visit our website for more information, www.charlotterestore.org.
Apply today at: https://habitatcltvolunteers.force.com/apex/VolunteerRestoreRegistration.
General Book Volunteer Tasks:
- Use the scanning computer program to determine if books should go to the brick-n-mortar store or the online storefront.
- Identify fiction from non-fiction
- Identify different genres of non-fiction
- Identify rare books from "older" books by checking dates
- Identify sellable books from books that need to be recycled
- Knowledge of and commitment to the philosophy of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to learn and retain processes, along with exceptions to the rule, and implement processes correctly
- Self-sufficient, requiring little supervision
- Cooperative attitude
- Ability to work closely with Julia’s Caf? staff and volunteers
- Ability to remain stationary for 75% of a volunteer shift (shifts are typically 3-4 hours)
- A love for books!
- A commitment to one recurring shift a week for 6 months
The Charlotte ReStore is a fundraising division of Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte. The ReStore exists to support Habitat Charlotte’s mission of providing decent, affordable housing to hardworking, low-income families. Profits generated from ReStore sales help to build new houses and provide urgent, critical repairs to older, owner-occupied houses in our community.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Internet Research
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- One 3-4 hour shift a week for 6 months.