Our organization is seeking several advisory board members, in different areas of interest and with various skill-sets:
- A board member who can provide guidance in areas of long-range planning and strategic thinking. We are a multifaceted organization, constantly confronted with new needs and program opportunities. The expertise of a board member experienced in evaluation of options and development of annual and longer-range plans would be very valuable.
- We are seeking new approaches to obtaining the funds to support our growth. We desire a board member knowledgeable about the "industry of philanthropy." Primary role will be to provide guidance for the development of annual and long-range fundraising plans, assist in philanthropic requests, and alert the staff to fundraising trends and opportunities.
- We have grown rapidly during our first ten years and anticipate a continuing expansion of activities and programs, as well as land acquisition. A corporate executive or business entrepreneur who has led an organization through the complexity of growth would be a great asset for our future endeavors.
- We are seeking a board member with expertise in advertising or public relations from a corporation or consulting firm who could provide guidance and assistance in implementation of effective communication strategies.
- We are interested in other advisory board members with having any skills that may be of benefit to West Place.
Please do look at our website. Not only will it show you a great deal about our organization, but you'll learn that our executive director was just named a "Rhode Islander of the Year," and she has been chosen to give a TEDx Talk in 2018.
We hope you will chose to be a part of the wonderful organization.
- Resource Development / Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Several hours per month
- Financial contribution at a level you consider generous