Do you like visiting people and listening to stories? Become a companion volunteer in Blaine
1 person is interested
Are you looking for ways to make meaningful connections in YOUR community? Fairview hospice is looking for volunteers to help support patients and families who are in our hospice program. Several opportunities are available in and around Blaine, Fridley, Mounds View and Brooklyn Park for patients who live in their own homes or in facilities.
Volunteers can provide:
- Caregiver relief
- Read, write letters
- Assistance with interviewing and transcribing patients’ life legacy project
- Engagement in patients' hobbies and interests
- Hand massage
- music or sing
- Vet to Vet support
- 11th hour (End of life) support
- Visits with a certified or registered therapy dog
- comfort with integrative therapies (reiki, healing touch, hand massage)
- Administrative support
- Check in Calls
Training is provided through self-study online modules with a group wrap up session. No medical experience is necessary.
To learn more about our volunteer opportunities visit our website at:
www.Fairview.org/hospicevolunteer or call 612-728-2455 and ask to speak to someone in the volunteer department.
We'll work with your schedule.
11725 Stinson AveChisago City, MN 55013
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours a week every 1-2 weeks
- Health screening provided by Fairview