Safe Place for Pets compassionately serves terminally ill people by finding new. loving homes for their pets when they can no longer care for them.
As a 100% volunteer organization, we are in urgent need of a Foster Coordinator to manage all aspects of our foster program, which ensure our pets are placed in safe and caring temporary homes until they find their forever homes.
Location: Must live in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
- Proactively advertise for/recruit new foster families/homes for pets in our program until permanent, loving homes are obtained
- Review completed foster applications and interview prospective fosters to determine their suitability for fostering our program pets
- Conduct initial and recurring home checks to verify our program pets are in a safe and loving environment while in the foster home
- Match new program pets to best foster home option available to ensure successful fit until pet is placed in permanent home
- Provide foster families with information on pet care for each specific animal such as correct feeding food types, quantities, and times, as well as other pet behaviors and special needs
- Follow up with foster families to ensure that the animal is being provided with needed care
- Provide constant support to foster families in terms of education and physical support
- Work to retain trained fosters
- Maintain and update records of foster families and animals on a regular basis
If interested in learning more about how you can help support terminally ill people and their pets, please see our website at www.safeplacepets.org, email us at email@example.com, or call and leave us a message at 719-359-0201 and we'll return your call!
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training