6 people are interested
Safe Place for Pets compassionately serves terminally ill people residing in El Paso and Teller counties in Colorado by finding new, loving homes for their pets when they can no longer care for them.
As a 100% volunteer organization, we are in urgent need of a Foster Coordinator to manage our foster program, which ensure our pets are placed in safe and caring temporary homes until they find their forever homes.
Location: Must live in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
- Proactively advertise for/recruit new foster families/homes for pets in our program until permanent, loving homes are obtained
- Review completed foster applications and interview prospective fosters to determine their suitability for fostering our program pets
- Conduct initial and recurring home checks to verify our program pets are in a safe and loving environment while in the foster home
- Match new program pets to best foster home option available to ensure successful fit until pet is placed in permanent home
- Provide foster families with information on pet care for each specific animal such as correct feeding food types, quantities, and times, as well as other pet behaviors and special needs
- Follow up with foster families to ensure that the animal is being provided with needed care
- Provide constant support to foster families in terms of education and physical support
- Work to retain trained fosters
- Maintain and update records of foster families and animals on a regular basis
If interested in learning more, please visit our website, www.safeplacepets.org or email to discuss at email@example.com. Volunteer Application is available on our website.
We'll work with your schedule.
Colorado Springs areaColorado Springs, CO 80903
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training