Special Olympics NC - Local Coordinator - Beaufort/Hyde Counties
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a Local Coordinator for the Beaufort and Hyde counties area. The local coordinator is the designated representative of SONC who has the responsibility for successfully implementing Special Olympics activities within his/her assigned geographic area. In many ways, the local coordinator is the lynchpin of the Special Olympics system. Local coordinators play an essential role in making the Special Olympics volunteer system operate effectively. All management systems require someone to oversee the operation of the system, to plan the scheduled activities, and to manage and lead the team of individuals who will implement planned activities.
- Management of local program structure, activity and committee
- Recruiting, training and managing local committee members and others as needed.
- Maintain and submit proper records in a timely manner of participating athletes and volunteers.
- Manage competition progress from local to state level.
- Attend annual SONC Leadership Conference and quarterly regional meetings.
- Provide SONC with local program data as requested; (e. g. in-kind contribution records, fundraising applications, equipment inventory).
- Manage pooled banking system with your finance committee chair.
- Responsible for accreditation process including review/evaluation of local program and planning for future growth and services.
- Preparation of annual accreditation and budget.
Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to committee members and other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Ability to obtain/maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
We'll work with your schedule.
310 W Main StWashington, NC 27889
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours/week with more hours during events