Buildings & Grounds Volunteers advance the mission of Boys and Girls Haven by partnering with our Operations staff members to provide a safe and welcoming physical campus for our kids.
This is achieved primarily through:
- Grounds Team: Novice to advanced home lawn maintenance skills welcome. Tasks vary based on the time of year, but generally include:
- Mowing and edging (must be at least 21 to operate motorized lawn equipment)
- Planting and weeding (maintaining flower beds, etc. throughout the year)
- Skill Based Projects: Skilled volunteers are needed to assist with both ongoing and emergent property needs, including:
- Carpentry and light repair
- Electrical work
- Appliance repair
- Facilities Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Potential for weekday & weekends.
- Volunteers must be 21+ to operate motorized lawn equipment.