Advocacy Volunteer Ambassador
22 people are interested
We have all been touched by cancer. You can fight back by joining our team and working with elected officials at the local, state and federal levels to make cancer prevention, early detection and research a national priority.
Legislative Ambassadors work closely with ACS CAN staff in to make fighting back against cancer a priority for lawmakers at all levels of government. Our staff will work closely with you to make sure that activities suit your interests and that you are well prepared with the knowledge you need. This role is adaptable to a variety of time commitments and skill levels. The only requirement is a shared interest in seeing a world free from cancer.
Activities may include:
- Responding and sharing action alerts
- Attending several American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network events each year to showcase advocacy accomplishments, recruit new volunteers, and engage the public in our advocacy efforts (example: collecting signatures on petitions to deliver to lawwakers)
- Participating in at least one legislative in-district meeting per year
- Sending a letter of introduction to your elected officials
- Sending letters to the editor and op-eds (opinion pieces) to local media as needed
- Social media activity - sharing
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
931 Jefferson BlvdSuite 3004Warwick, RI 02886
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- varies on time of year