Volunteers are needed to serve 4 hour shifts in the Critical Care Waiting Area. Volunteers are trained to respond to the needs of families whose loved ones are in the Intensive Care, Intermediate Care or Coronary Care units. They assist all families of Heart surgery patients, as well as keep current information as to patient’s condition, which is relayed to family and friends. The volunteer desk is located in the Critical Care waiting room and is staffed by a volunteer seven days a week.
* Greet patients, family members and visitors in a positive and caring manner, offering support in a calm and comforting manner as appropriate to the situation and/or individual.
* Function as liaison between Critical Care staff, patients and visitors as set forth in training task list.
* Keep family waiting room clean.
* Keep water and coffee fresh.
* Offer water and coffee to family members in waiting area.
* Offer warm blankets to family members in waiting area.
* Explain clearly heart surgery routine, how to use phones on walls and visiting policy.
* Escort family members to CCU, IMCU and ICU areas.
* Answer phone.
* Inform family members of the Cheney House when appropriate.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Customer Service
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly
- In accordance with Asante policy, must be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.