Volunteer Financial Coach - Small Business Bootcamp
30 people are interested
Do you have a spirit for helping people? When you volunteer as a coach with Clarifi, you will make a real impact in your community and motivate individuals to achieve financial stability.
Our clients come from all walks of life and are looking to do big things: improve their credit, reduce crippling debt, save for an emergency, purchase their first home or start a business. They’re looking to meet the goals that shape their lives and they need your support.
Volunteer as a Financial Coach with Clarifi Boot Camp
We are excited to announce our upcoming "KEYS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP" boot camp in February of 2020. Started in 2014, Clarifi Boot Camp is our dynamic program that combines, coaching, counseling and education to help people meet their unique goals with money. After attending workshops and working with Clarifi’s certified counselors, clients work with volunteer financial coaches over a six-month period. Coaches engage and motivate clients and act as a sounding board for support. Best yet, no financial experience is necessary!
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training beforehand to learn about the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and following an action plan to reach their goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive.
Your Responsibilities as a Financial Coach
- Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a minimum of 1 hour each month.
- Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
- Attend (3) mandatory events:
- Volunteer Training - Clarifi staff trains volunteers to perform as coaches. Training will take place in Philadelphia, PA. (Next training is January 2020 & April 2020)
- Program Launch - At this event, coaches are introduced to their partner clients and spend time completing activities and getting to know one another.
- Client Graduation Ceremony - Clients who successfully complete the six month program are honored to celebrate their journey with family, friends, and their coaches.
See our work in action and watch our Boot Camp video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaCzff6Kug
How to Apply
Interested Volunteers should apply at: https://clarifi.org/programs/clarifi-boot-camp
Questions: contact email@example.com or call 215-320-1484.
About Clarifi (formerly CCCS of Delaware Valley)
1635 Market Street, Suite 510, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
We create hope by helping people identify and secure the most important assets in their lives.
Welcome to Clarifi, the non-profit community resource devoted to your Lifelong Financial Literacy. For over 50 years, we've helped people just like you identify the most important assets in their lives.
Starting in1966, as Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Delaware Valley (CCCS), our organization has its roots in helping people who are struggling with debt. We clarify what can be a complex and confusing situation and customize an action plan that can begin right then and there.
This may include a debt management plan that helps people to get out of debt. Or an intervention with their mortgage company to stop a potential foreclosure and get the payments back on track. It starts with an immediate reaction to the individual problem, followed by a long-term transformation to Lifelong Financial Literacy.
Our history is a springboard for higher aspirations. We have evolved our mission and expanded our services to provide pro-active learning programs that empower people to make smarter decisions about money throughout their lives.
People look to Clarifi for any number of empowering, proactive financial literacy programs:
- Counseling before a home is purchased also known as Pre-Purchase counseling. .
- Women find a like-minded community of support in a series of specifically designed programs we call Financially Hers.
- Families can learn financial discipline from sticking to a household budget to planning for the high cost of higher education.
1635 Market StreetSuite 510Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Financial Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
- Orientation or Training
- Training/Orientations: Homeownership BootCamp (January 2020) & 1 hour monthly for 6 mo (Feb-July 2020); Spring Clean Finances Boot Camp (April 2020 Training) & 1 hr monthly for 6 mo (May-October 2020)
- Training dates/times will be emailed to you after you complete your Volunteer Application at: https://clarifi.org/programs/clarifi-boot-camp