The Alternatives To Violence Project is an international movement of creative conflict resolution built on affirmation, respect for all, community, cooperation and trust. AVP, begun in 1975 and is active worldwide, Please visit AVP.International to see what we are up to around the world.
AVP is an association of community, school and prison-based groups offering experiential workshops in personal growth, community development and creative conflict management. See AVPCalifornia.org for details on what our local California chapters are doing.
AVP now has a local chapter right here in the San Joaquin Valley!
Founded in prison and developed from the real life experiences of prisoners, AVP encourages every person’s innate power to positively transform first themselves and then the world we live in.
Alternatives to Violence Project, workshops are organized and supported by dedicated volunteers throughout the state who collectively give tens of thousands of hours of time each year to help change lives, families, and communities for the better. There are many ways to volunteer and/or support AVP!
BECOME A FACILITATOR
Facilitators are the core of AVP, planning and conducting workshops. Anyone can become an AVP Facilitator by taking the three AVP workshops - Basic, Advanced, and Training for Facilitators (T4F).
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT AVP
- Provide Administrative Support
- Provide Hospitality - often Facilitators travel far and need a place to stay while facilitating workshops.
- Provide Transportation
- Provide Food & Workshop Logistics: it can be difficult and/or expensive to find a good space in which to offer workshops, supplies (paper, pens, etc), food and drinks, helping to find participants, and other tasks.
We are currently having local workshops in Wasco, Delano, Corcoran, Tehachipi, Fresno, Visalia and Bakersfield.
JOIN US FOR THE NEXT BASIC WORKSHOP - Register Here
What: Basic Level/ First Level
When: February 24-25 9 a.m. - 5 p.m Both Days
Light breakfast from 8:30am and lunch provided both days.
Location: Community Service Organization 1124 Baker St Bakersfield, CA 93305
For questions or to sign up, contact Cathy Clark (661) 565-0949 | KernAVP@gmail.com
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Basic/Advanced/Training for Facilitators 18-22 hrs each. Typically 2 days (Sat - Sun)