Arlington County Fair Volunteers needed
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
42 people are interested
The Arlington County Fair is one of the largest free events on the East Coast and has been providing quality entertainment for over 40 years. In recent years, attendance has reached 74,000 as people come from Arlington and Northern Virginia to enjoy competitive exhibits, midway rides and games, entertainment, vendors, racing piglets, and more. Each year Thomas Jefferson Community Center is transformed into a special place with something for everyone to see.
We need volunteers to assist with setting up/breakdown, registration, judging events, manning information desks and specific event stations (such as indoor vendors, outdoor stage), and general assistance. Minimum time commitment is 2.5 hours--attend a 30 min orientation and sign up for at least one shift. You can sign up for one 2 hour shift for one day or sign up for multiple days/multiple shifts. Be a part of this incredible event while enjoying great perks! As a volunteer, you'll not only get to be a part of this amazing community event but you'll also get a free t-shirt and snacks/drinks during your shift.
1. Volunteers are needed for 4 hour shifts throughout the week of August 14th (the Fair runs August 14th - 18th). You may volunteer for as many shifts as you would like.
2. We accept volunteers of all ages, but anyone age 13 or younger must have a parent/guardian on site during his/her shift.
3. All volunteers must attend one of the orientation sessions. No volunteers will be accepted on-site.
4. You can let us know you are interested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting an interest form. Go to: http://arlingtoncountyfair.us/volunteer/informationSubmitting a Volunteer Interest Form does not sign you up for specific shifts or tasks. You must attend a volunteer orientation to receive a specific assignment.
5. We will sign forms or letters for students who are required to volunteer for school or an organization. In order for us to confirm your hours, you must sign in and out for each shift at the Registration Desk. Students are also required to present the form or request a letter while they are on-site at the Fair. Due to the number of volunteers, we cannot verify hours after the event.
6. We accept court-ordered volunteers on a case-by-case basis. We can only accept volunteers with non-violent and non-larceny offenses and reserve the right to not to accept a volunteer regardless of the offense. Any individual who is a client of Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) in Arlington County must sign up and participate directly through OAR.
7. Volunteers must adhere to a Code of Conduct. Violations of this code or any inappropriate actions will result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer from his/her shift and he/she will not be permitted to volunteer for the Fair in the future.
3501 Second Street SouthThomas Jefferson Community CenterArlington, VA 22204
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours
- Must attend orientation