VITAS is looking for kind and caring licensed professional beauticians to pamper hospice patients living at home, long term care and assisted living facilities throughout San Diego. Pampering can include: gentle shampoo, cut, set and style; filing, polishing or buffing nails, helping with makeup. We are unable to provide coloring or perms due to our regulations. Help us improve the self image of our patients in their final days when they are unable to get to a salon. You may also provide these services to their caregiver. A copy of your license will be needed. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays.
- People Skills
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 assignments per month, generally 1 hr long
- 2017 Orientation Dates: Jan 7 & 21, Mar 18 & 25, May 20 & 27, Jul 22 & 29, Sept 2 & 9, Nov 4 & 18
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer