VITAS is looking for kind and caring licensed professional beauticians to pamper hospice patients living at home, long term care and assisted living facilities throughout San Diego. Pampering can include: gentle shampoo, cut, set and style; filing, polishing or buffing nails, helping with makeup. We are unable to provide coloring or perms due to our regulations. Help us improve the self image of our patients in their final days when they are unable to get to a salon. You may also provide these services to their caregiver. A copy of your license will be needed. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays.
- People Skills
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 assignments per month, generally 1 hr long
- 2016 Orientation Dates Remaining: Jul 23 & 30, Sept 3 & 10, Nov 5 & 12
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer