VITAS is looking for caring individuals to share their voice and time as Telephone Assurance Program (TAP) Volunteers to help terminally ill patients and their families. TAP is a program in which volunteers make phone calls to patients in their home to do a check in OR complete a satisfaction survey to improve our care. These calls can be done from your home or in our office. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hrs per week making calls from home or office
- 2017 Orientation Dates: Jan 7 & 21, Mar 18 & 25, May 20 & 27, Jul 22 & 29, Sept 2 & 9, Nov 4 & 18
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer