Special Olympics NC - Health Outreach Coordinator - Brunswick County
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a responsible individual to serve as Health Outreach Coordinator in the Brunswick County Area. The Health Outreach Coordinator will help connect athletes to community health and wellness resources, increase athlete numbers, and help eliminate many common barriers to health in your community.
- Attend a monthly local committee meeting.
- 5 to 10 hours per month working remotely on a flexible schedule.
- We hold one big health event in the Fall that would require one month with additional hours.
- We would like you to serve a one-year term with an opportunity to renew.
- Background experience in health and wellness is preferred to help with work on a health grant.
- Attend meetings and report on health-related program updates
- Assist in planning health focused events
- Recruit health and wellness volunteers for events, programs and committees
- Assist in tracking and recording health data.
Please respond with your contact information and qualifications. This is an essential position and we appreciate all who are interested in taking on this role.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community. We provide opportunities for athletes and volunteers throughout the state of North Carolina. If you'd like to donate to Special Olympics NC please use this link: https://bit.ly/390XlyV
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsBolivia, NC 28422
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours monthly working remotely on a flexible schedule
- One local monthly meeting and additional hours during Fall event