The Financial Literacy Coalition of Central Texas (FLCCT) is seeking a new board member to act as TREASURER to manage the finances of our organization. Our Treasurer has a key role on the Board due to interaction with other Board matters related to fundraising, marketing, operations, and program development. The Treasurer is also a member of the Board’s Executive Committee that meets separately to formulate upcoming Board agendas and discuss any management issues separate from the rest of the Board.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Providing monthly financial reports to the board.
- Ensuring all monies of the organization are properly received and held in a public depository.
- Maintaining full and accurate books and record of all transactions of the organization including assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital and other matters customarily included in the financial statements.
- Depositing funds and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the organization with depositaries designated by the Board.
- Disbursing funds of the organization as authorized by the Board.
- Participating in the development of the annual budget and in the monitoring of actual financial performance in relation to the budget.
- Complying with government regulations and ensure timely filing of all payroll and 990 returns.
- Performing HR duties for a part time staff member. Duties include maintaining payroll, legal compliance, tax compliance, performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA designation is highly desired.
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- Experience managing financial matters for a non-profit is desired
- Connections into minority communities are especially desirable
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a board member, you will contribute your vision and voice to our strategic planning for expanding service over greater Austin. Service requirements include:
- Committing to a 2 year term of office
- Attending at least 8 board meetings a year. The board currently meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Serving as a member of the Board’s Executive Committee that meets monthly.
- Contributing $200/year to the organization
- Supporting the organization's fundraising activities
ABOUT THE FINANCIAL LITERACY COALITION OF CENTRAL TEXAS
FLCCT was incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 2004 under the leadership of the Travis County AgriLife Extension Office. FLCCT is now a largely autonomous organization that receives some in-kind support from AgriLife.
FLCCT's service model is to pair our trained and caring volunteer teachers with organizations whose members/clients need personal financial instruction. We usually partner with other NPOs who help lower income Texans succeed in life, although we will teach anyone with an interest in learning about personal finance.
Find out more about us on www.flcct.org.
Email your questions, contact information and resume to Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Reporting & Dashboards
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 15 hours a month on average