6 people are interested
Board of Directors Opportunity - TREASURER
6 people are interested
The Financial Health Pathways Texas (FHPT) is seeking a new board member to act as TREASURER to manage the finances of our organization. Our Treasurer has a key role on the Board due to interaction with other Board matters related to fundraising, marketing, operations, and program development. The Treasurer is also a member of the Board’s Executive Committee that meets separately to formulate upcoming Board agendas and discuss any management issues separate from the rest of the Board.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Providing monthly financial reports to the board.
- Ensuring all monies of the organization are properly received and held in a public depository.
- Maintaining full and accurate books and record of all transactions of the organization including assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital and other matters customarily included in the financial statements.
- Depositing funds and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the organization with depositaries designated by the Board.
- Disbursing funds of the organization as authorized by the Board.
- Participating in the development of the annual budget and in the monitoring of actual financial performance in relation to the budget.
- Complying with government regulations and ensure timely filing of all payroll and 990 returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA designation is highly desired.
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- Experience managing financial matters for a non-profit is desired
- Connections into minority communities are especially desirable
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a board member, you will contribute your vision and voice to our strategic planning for expanding service over greater Austin. Service requirements include:
- Committing to a 2 year term of office
- Attending at least 8 board meetings a year. The board currently meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Serving as a member of the Board’s Executive Committee that meets monthly.
- Contributing $250/year to the organization
- Supporting the organization's fundraising activities
Find out more about us on www.financialhp.org.
Email your questions, contact information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Financial Health Pathways
3616 Far West Blvd # 117- 117, AUSTIN, TX 78731, US
FHP is a community-centered organization focused on improving the financial health of Texans. We advocate on behalf of the under-served and provide them with education and resources to achieve financial freedom.
Financial Health Pathways provides basic financial education classes in the Texas through local organizations that request our classes for their constituents.
Can be anywhere in Austin metro areaAustin, TX 78701
August 23, 2021
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Background Check
- 15 hours a month on average