American Lung Association Committee Member - Pittsburgh
4 people are interested
Mission: To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
Objective: Members of the Pittsburgh LUNG FORCE Committee will play a significant role in assisting the American Lung Association with creating an educational and meaningful event to support life-saving campaigns. Members will have the opportunity to assist with the Pittsburgh LUNG FORCE Walk and/or the Pittsburgh Fight For Air Climb
Meetings: Meetings can be attended at the Pittsburgh office location or via tele-conference. They will be held once a month for (1) hour.
Involvement: Minimum commitment of 12 months
- Provide input to the American Lung Association to ensure the continued success of the Pittsburgh area events.
- Lend support to the event planning process, ensuring the events are well-coordinated, and aiding in organizing and overseeing event-day logistics.
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations from local businesses. Things you may be asked to secure include, but are not limited to: cases of water, granola bars, prizes, etc.
- Attend and volunteer at 1-2 events per year to help with logistics, including set-up and clean-up at the events.
- Raise awareness and enhance attendance for the events.
- Help with team development, including recruiting new teams for the events as well as aiding the teams with their own recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Recruit and coordinate additional volunteers for the day of the events.
- Help recruit and identify Lung Heroes.
- Support Women’s Lung Health Week by contacting local organizations and businesses throughout Pittsburgh and encouraging them to illuminate their buildings turquoise.
Pittsburgh Fight For Air Climb - TBD
Pittsburgh LUNG FORCE Walk - Saturday, October 27, 2018
About American Lung Association of Pennsylvania
810 River Avenue, Suite 140, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, US
To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
Welcome to the the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic, serving the areas of Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.
Our site contains information on asthma, tobacco, air quality, and other lung diseases. We are dedicated to providing you with the most up to date information available to help you as we move forward in our quest to fight lung disease and promote lung health.
We offer a number of programs that are designed to help people quit smoking, learn to live with and control their asthma, prevent children from smoking, and many other lung health problems. Contributions of time, money and event sponsorships to the ALAMA help those who suffer with lung disease through mission driven programs and activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
810 River AveSuite 140Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People 55+
- 12 month commitment - 1 monthly telephone check in