Mission: To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
Objective: Members of the Camp Hill Committee will play a significant role in assisting the American Lung Association with creating an educational and meaningful event to support life-saving campaigns. Members will have the opportunity to assist with all three (3) events: LUNG FORCE Walk, Pasta Run, and Sapphire Gala.
Meetings: Meetings can be attended via tele-conference. They will be held once a month for (1) hour.
Involvement: Minimum commitment of 12 months
- Provide input to the American Lung Association to ensure the continued success of the Harrisburg/Camp Hill area events.
- Lend support to the event planning process, ensuring the events are well-coordinated, and aiding in organizing and overseeing event-day logistics.
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations from local businesses. Things you may be asked to secure include, but are not limited to: cases of water, granola bars, prizes, etc.
- Attend and volunteer at 1-2 events per year to help with logistics, including set-up and clean-up at the events.
- Raise awareness and enhance attendance for the events.
- Help with team development, including recruiting new teams for the events as well as aiding the teams with their own recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Recruit and coordinate additional volunteers for the day of the events.
- Help recruit and identify Lung Heroes.
- Support Women’s Lung Health Week by contacting local organizations and businesses throughout Harrisburg area and encouraging them to illuminate their buildings turquoise.
Harrisburg LUNG FORCE Walk - October 29, 2017
Sapphire Gala - March 3, 2018
Pasta Run - June 2018
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year, 1 monthly check-in via phone