The Washington Youth Soccer Foundation is looking to grow our board of directors and chart the vision for our new nonprofit. Our organization's main focus is our free, after-school program called Soccer for Success, delivered in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, that teaches children about healthy lifestyle choices through soccer and mentorship.
The Soccer for Success program operates for two 12-week sessions each school year and the 2016-2017 program operated in Auburn, Highline, and Kent School Districts at nine elementary schools in South King County. Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, we are expanding to sites outside of King County (Everett, Yakima) and hope to grow the South King County program as well. The program is free to participants and free to the schools, due to grants, donations, and corporate partnerships.
The Board of Directors will provide strategic vision to drive the sustainable growth of the Soccer for Success program, from 800 players in 2017-2018 to more than 5700 players in 2026-2027, and the Foundation as a whole.
- Board of Directors meet every 1-2 months
- Working board that supports small office, with two full-time staff and one AmeriCorps member
- Experience in accounting, health care, marketing/communications, philanthropy, grants, or corporate sponsorships desired
- Expectation of personal contribution to the organization
- Legal (General)
- Public Advocacy
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Approximately 10 hours per month