Give back to our Veterans by helping with monthly luncheons
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
The VA Hospital Luncheon Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is responsible for organizing luncheons and dinners to support veterans at the assigned VA Medical Center, domiciliaries, outpatient clinics and vet centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan regular events for patients (e.g. luncheons, pizza parties, Bingo, movie nights) to help boost morale.
- Assist VA Representative in soliciting donors to sponsor luncheons and dinners.
- Coordinate with VAVS staff to select luncheon and dinner sites and keep them informed of all related activity.
- Outreach to Soldiers’ Angels volunteers to assemble a team of volunteers to support each event.
- Oversee other Soldiers’ Angels volunteers assisting with the luncheons and dinners.
- Responsible for making sure that all volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Conduct After Action Review of events to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative.
- File VA Donation Record and Report volunteer hours to the assigned VA Medical Center.
We'll work with your schedule.
Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center1501 San Pedro Dr SEAlbuquerque, NM 87108
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week, flexible work schedule