The VA Hospital Luncheon Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is responsible for organizing luncheons and dinners to support veterans at the assigned VA Medical Center, domiciliaries, outpatient clinics and vet centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan regular events for patients (e.g. luncheons, pizza parties, Bingo, movie nights) to help boost morale.
- Assist VA Representative in soliciting donors to sponsor luncheons and dinners.
- Coordinate with VAVS staff to select luncheon and dinner sites and keep them informed of all related activity.
- Outreach to Soldiers’ Angels volunteers to assemble a team of volunteers to support each event.
- Oversee other Soldiers’ Angels volunteers assisting with the luncheons and dinners.
- Responsible for making sure that all volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Conduct After Action Review of events to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative.
- File VA Donation Record and Report volunteer hours to the assigned VA Medical Center.
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week, flexible work schedule