Minor Home Repair Health and Safety Volunteer
2 people are interested
Purpose: The Health and Safety Volunteer assists Home Repair Services by conducting health and safety interviews for the Home Repair Program. The Home Repair Program provides health and safety repairs so low income seniors and disabled homeowners are able to stay in their own homes.
Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect Health and Safety Questionnaires and information packets from the Main Office.
- Call clients to schedule a visit.
- Conduct health and safety interviews onsite at the client’s home. Answer client questions and provide appropriate resource information as needed.
- Return completed assessments to the MHR office and complete program paperwork in a timely manner.
- Optional: deliver space heaters to client homes in times of urgent need.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work independently
Home repair knowledge is not required
Must have reliable transportation. If using a personal vehicle, you must have a valid WA Driver’s License and current Washington State vehicle insurance.
Must successfully complete a criminal background check
Able to see, hear and speak adequately to perform the functions of this position.
Ergonomic Requirements: The functions of this position require walking, driving, sitting, and limited paperwork. Volunteers may elect to deliver 30 pound space heaters to client homes as needed.
Support Provided: Training for this position is provided, including an onsite client visit with an experienced volunteer or staff member. Program staff is available to answer questions and provide other assistance as needed.
We'll work with your schedule.
11627 Airport Rd., Suite BEverett, WA 98204
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly 1-4 hrs (1-3 client visits; paperwork)