DREAM, an award winning youth development program, is seeking volunteer tutors to provide academic support to our middle school after-school students in East Harlem and the South Bronx. Tutors work with youth individually and in small groups to help improve student success in class, increase subject-specific retention, and contribute to overall academic enrichment and development.
What You’ll Do
- Support academic enrichment activities, including homework help and tutoring;
- Provide individualized and team-wide support all after-school program activities and initiatives;
- Serve as a role model and build positive relationships with youth;
- Strong command of one or more of the following academic subjects: English, Math, Science, and/or Social Studies
- Previous experience working with youth;
- Possess creativity, enthusiasm, initative, flexibility, and patience;
- Solid oral communication skills;
- Ability to make a consistent, weekly commitment;
- Bachelor’s Degree (a plus);
- 1-2 years previous tutoring experience (a major plus).
- Gain invaluable experience and opportunities for professional development at an award winning youth development program;
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of your service term;
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers.
When: Monday - Thursday
4pm-5pm, 4pm-6pm, or 5:30pm-6:30pm
(time depends on tutor availability and program site assignment)
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training