Board Member - PR/Media
4 people are interested
DreamCatchers New Hampshire (DCNH) is searching for a Board member with PR/Media experience to help with their communication needs. This is a really fun group and a fun cause because we are here to make friends, have fun and build community!
Our mission is to provide opportunities for young people living with a disability to catch their dreams of being part of a community and making friends.
We do this by organizing social clubs that foster friendship and engage in the community around our members.
A world where everyone embraces those who have different needs.
This Board Member is responsible for Public and Media Relations in the community. This is an exciting time in the organization and the incumbent will have lots of opportunity to be creative and use their craft to promote this important cause. This role also participates in the Marketing Committee as needed and may have a student to assist in implementation of certain deliverables as determined by the incumbent.
The PR/Media member is generally elected at the annual meeting of the organization to hold office for a two-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive two-year term.
- Experience in PR/Media (preferably with a good knowledge of local media)
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Proven track record of success
- Highly collaborative in approach
- Creates and manages the PR/Media calendar reporting to the Board monthly
- Works with the Executive Director and Marketing Committee to ensure that efforts are coordinated and timely
- Assists the Executive Director and Marketing Member to prepare and create wide reaching marketing campaigns
- Works with the Executive Director to develop content for ads, radio, print, news and other
- Works with the Executive Director to develop long-term PR/Media strategies.
General Board Responsibilities:
- Two year term commitment
- Attend scheduled board meetings (8 per year)
- Actively participate in board/staff/committee specific communications between monthly meetings, while exceeding expected requirements for each meeting
- Proactively and consistently evangelize, promote, & support the growth of DreamCatchers NH
Average time commitment:
The board of directors meets about 8 times over the year and is required to attend the Annual Fundraising Event in April. The average time required may be 2-6hrs a month.
Join this amazing group of individuals with big hearts to see the lives of those living with a disability, embraced by their communities.
Service on DreamCatchers New Hampshire’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
About DREAMCATCHERS NEW HAMPSHIRE
1087 Elm Street, Suite 257, Manchester, NH 03101, US
To provide an accepting environment for young people living with a disability to make friends and engage with the community.
There are 20,000 students identified as having special needs in New Hampshire. Positive social experiences are a critical part of overall healthy development for children of all ages and abilities. DreamCatchers New Hampshire is a nonprofit organization that addresses this need by providing social opportunities in an environment that values everyone for who they are and provides opportunities to make friends, have fun and build self-confidence and empowerment. We partner with schools in an after school programs where activities are held throughout the school year. To learn more, visit www.DreamCatchersNH.org
1087 Elm StreetSuite 257Manchester, NH 03101
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- 5-7hrs a month
- Regular attendance at monthly meetings, preferably in person but occasional phone conference is fine