To provide an accepting environment for young people living with a disability to make friends and engage with the community.
2.0 Leader for Young Adult program - Dover, NH
We are looking for Club volunteers for our Dover location. This is a fun role and requires some paperwork, communications, and interest to work with a fun group of individuals with varying abilities.
The volunteer will help with activities and interact with club members from age 21+. Some examples might be helping pass out items, playing games or making items. This person will work with the Club Leaders to ensure programs run accordingly.
- Experience working with individuals living with different needs or disabilities (ideal but not required)
- Interest in helping others
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and an independent problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with individuals living with a disability and their families
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in group setting
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs) preferred
- Willingness to have a background check conducted
- Communicating with club leader to help with various activities
- Managing necessary forms (release of liability, contact info, etc.)
- Oversight of activities for member meetings
- Willingness to commit to 2 evening meetings a month
- Organizing assistance as required by site leader
Estimated Time Commitment: 2hrs a week about 2 times a month to supervise activities. Additional time may be required to support the Club Leader. Groups meet every other Tuesday at the First Parish Church in Dover, NH.
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2hrs a week, 2-3 times a month
- 3-5hrs a month total to communicate with parents, staff, members, and plan