Volunteers Special Ed. Young Adult program – Dover, NH
20 people are interested
To provide an accepting environment for young people living with a disability to make friends and engage with the community.
2.0 Leader for Young Adult program - Dover, NH
We are looking for Club volunteers for our Dover location. This is a fun role and requires some paperwork, communications, and interest to work with a fun group of individuals with varying abilities.
The volunteer will help with activities and interact with club members from age 21+. Some examples might be helping pass out items, playing games or making items. This person will work with the Club Leaders to ensure programs run accordingly.
- Experience working with individuals living with different needs or disabilities (ideal but not required)
- Interest in helping others
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and an independent problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with individuals living with a disability and their families
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in group setting
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs) preferred
- Willingness to have a background check conducted
- Communicating with club leader to help with various activities
- Managing necessary forms (release of liability, contact info, etc.)
- Oversight of activities for member meetings
- Willingness to commit to 2 evening meetings a month
- Organizing assistance as required by site leader
Estimated Time Commitment: 2hrs a week about 2 times a month to supervise activities. Additional time may be required to support the Club Leader. Groups meet every other Tuesday at the First Parish Church in Dover, NH.
218 Central Avedover, NH 03820
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Theater Arts
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2hrs a week, 2-3 times a month
- 3-5hrs a month total to communicate with parents, staff, members, and plan