Help us get one step closer to finding a cure for Alzhimer's disease and volunteer at the Walk to End Alzheimer's!
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s (www.alz.org/walk) is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease. Help us make this event a success!
Over 400 volunteers are needed on September 8th and there are 3-5 hour shifts between 5am-2pm including:
- Set up (5am-8am): Assist with setting up chairs, tables, signs, and other materials.
- Registration (7am-10am): Welcome and check in Walk participants.
- Advocacy/Trial Match (7am-12pm): Ask Walk participants to join our advocacy team and/or sign up for Trail Match efforts.
- Promise Flower Garden (7am-11am): Assemble and distribute "Promise Flowers" to Walk participants.
- Route monitors (9am-12pm): Stand along walk route to direct and cheer on Walk participants.
- Clean up (11am-2pm): Assist will breaking down chairs, tables, signs, and other materials.
This is a great opportunity for service groups, Girl Scout troops, Boy Scout troops, company teams, or individuals!
If you are interested in volunteering at the Walk to End Alzheimer's, please indicate in your message if you are representing a group and what time of day works best for you. An Alzheimer's Association representative will contact you with next steps.
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Advocacy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 3-5 hours
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer