The Arizona Supreme Court/Adult Probation Services Division seeks enthusiastic volunteers to participate in an AmeriCorps program, as an AmeriCorps Member- Probation Assistant. Under general supervision, this AmeriCorps Probation Assistant position will serve as an aid to adult and youth probation officers and staff in their daily responsibilities and duties that include and will not be limited to the following:
- Interview adult and youth probationers, contact community partners, behavioral health services and non-profit organizations to determine need of services and resources available.
- Plan and organize community service events, determine the probationers who need to complete court ordered community restitution and assess what type of community restitution programs they should participate.
- Contribute to planning and assisting with cognitive intervention program curriculum and preparing for the weekly sessions.
- Support LEARN Center staff to serve probationers to reach a higher level of education and job opportunities, place probationers in workforce programs, as well as teach and tutor through the LEARN Center educational courses.
- Provide critical assistance to probation staff including outreach to probationers, reminders of scheduled court dates and treatment services, and peer support in their specialty court hearings.
- Complete a wide array of technical support, including data entry, creating surveys or charts as requested, preparing for trainings, educating on budgeting and ability to pay.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Capacity Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 Months to 12 Months