Bill Payer Program
BILL PAYER/PAPER MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Family and Children’s Association, Long Island’s oldest human care agency, is seeking volunteers for its Bill Payer/Paper Management Program. The service is aimed at helping seniors stay independent and remain in their homes.
Trained volunteers go to the seniors’ homes in Nassau, where they will assist them in some of their money management tasks. This includes sorting and organizing bills, preparing checks for their signature, maintaining accurate records, and assistance with discarding out-dated papers.
The ideal Bill Payer Volunteer would possess the following characteristics:
- Background in finance/accounting helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to travel to client homes in Nassau County
- Available 1-2 days per month for 2-3 hours each
- Willing to commit to the program for at least 1 year
Please contact Jinny Ferro at 516-746-0350 ext.4365 or JFerro@Familyandchildrens.org to request a volunteer application.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 days per month for 2-3 hours each for a year