Addison area Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Massage Therapist Volunteers are assigned to support a hospice patient and their family in your community by providing gentle massage and help enhance the hospice services provided.
Helping to care for our patients and families is a critical role played by our volunteers. These positions are some of the most challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities at Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care. Volunteers in Patient Care and Family Support provide in-home services to patients currently being served by Rainbow Hospice.
Apply online: https://rainbowhospice.org/life-institute/volunteers/
Responsibilities may include:
- Provides gentle massage, Comfort Touch, Reiki or other gentle forms of body work.
- May also assist the patient/family by providing respite, friendly visits, offering emotional support, companionship and supportive listening.
- Serves as an integral member of the hospice interdisciplinary team in various settings including the home, in-patient units, and skilled nursing facilities.
- Assist team and provides input to the plan of care as appropriate.
- Documents volunteer time and patient visit activity in an accurate, timely and objective manner.
- Maintains open communication, reporting regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator and the Massage Therapy Associate.
- Participates in bereavement follow-up with families, as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to Rainbow Hospice policies and procedures.
- Completes the mandatory annual education.
- Meets all health requirements set by Rainbow Hospice.
- Participates in volunteer support and educational in-services.
- Assists in training of new volunteers as appropriate.
Because of the direct patient and family interaction, all of these positions require Patient Care and Family Support volunteers to go through specialized Patient Care Training. This process teaches you about hospice and terminal illness and helps prepare volunteers to interact with and support our patients and families.
Additional Requirements &Responsibilities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successful adjustment to personal losses and no personal loss within past 12 months.
- Successful completion of volunteer training program.
- Clearance from appropriate health screenings, background check, fingerprinting.
- Agree to mandatory policy statements.
- Minimum commitment of 1 year of service; at least 3-4 hours per week.
- Supportive of hospice concept, and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
- Comfortable working with families with different cultural and religious values.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current Licensure as a Massage Therapist by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation of the state of Illinois.
- Graduation from an accredited school of massage therapy.
- Proof of Liability Insurance.
- Certification by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork preferred.
- Previous volunteer experience preferred.
- Understanding of terminal illnesses such as various cancers, COPD, CHF, Dementia, Huntington’s, etc. preferred.
About Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, USA, AF
Empowering our community to live with hope and resilience throughout the journey with illness and loss.
Rainbow Hospice is here to help others navigate end-of-life experiences - just as it has done for thousands of patients and families for more than thirty years.
Our organization also extends comfort and support to bereaved loved ones of Rainbow Hospice patients and to anyone from the communities in the greater Chicago area. Rainbow Hospice serves residents of Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, DuPage and Will Counties. Rainbow Hospice received re-accreditation from the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) -- the independent, non-profit accrediting body for community-based health organization -- in spring of 2017. This accreditation assures patients and the community that Rainbow Hospice exceeds the highest standards in home health care.
Through its services, staff, volunteers, bereavement programs and The LIFE Institute for Learning, Rainbow Hospice offers support and education that enables people to live with dignity and hope while coping with loss and the end of life.
We'll work with your schedule.
Volunteer near your homeAddison, IL 60101
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours a wk/arrange time w/caregiver