San Diego Senior Volunteers for the Poway Sheriff's Office
2 people are interested
The Senior Volunteer Patrol is staffed by citizens who are asked to volunteer a minimum of six hours a week. Duties range from assisting with administrative work, patrolling neighborhoods and checking on the welfare of elderly or disabled persons.
All Senior Volunteer Patrol applicants approved for the program attend a formal two-week academy. Some of the topics covered include: Alzheimer’s Safe Return, Crime Prevention, CPR/AED Safety, Department Orientation, Ethics and Rules of Conduct, Radio Training and Basic Traffic Control. To qualify for the Sheriff’s Senior Volunteer Patrol program, all applicants must successfully meet the following requirements:
- At least 50 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal alien who has applied for citizenship
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Must have medical insurance
- Good moral character. Conviction of a felony is disqualifying.
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties of the position
- Must pass a complete background check
- Pass the two-week Volunteer Patrol Academy course
- Agree to abide by all department and program rules
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
13100 Bowron Dr.PowayPoway, CA 92064
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 6 hours per week
- All backgrounds are welcome. Participants need not live in Poway.