The Women's Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
The Immigrant Food Assistance (IFA) Food Pantry provides assistance to hundreds of immigrant families each week at our pantry. We support these families with food distribution including a mix of produce and dry goods and exposure to community resources related to nutrition, employment and other social programs.
Hours: 3 hours per week. Mondays 8am-11am. (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment).
* Assist with unloading of truck and transporting food to designated area
* Setting up food for distribution to clients, interacting with clients, and handing out food to clients
* Ensure food distribution room and all storage space is clean and tidy at the end of the day
* Ensure the sorting area is safe - maintain clear walkways and exits
* Use correct body mechanics while lifting heavy items
* Punctuality and Reliability
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Attention to accuracy and detail
* Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Spanish/Cantonese language is a plus
* Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment