Do you have bilingual proficiency in English and Haitian Creole? If so, then Alfalit International needs YOU! Join our volunteer translator team and assist with translating documents for our international operations in over a dozen countries.
An ideal volunteer will:
- assist with translating project materials, inter-office communication, reports for internal and external audience, content such as testimonies from our international students etc on as-needed basis
- be able to work remotely or at our office (if working remotely, should have access to a computer with standard Microsoft Office applications and email)
- preferably have experience in or studied translation
- be detail-oriented and responsive to email
- be comfortable using Microsoft Office applications (Word and Powerpoint)
- be personable, friendly, honest, ethical, able to follow directions
- sign our volunteer code of conduct and confidentiality agreement
We will provide clear instructions for each translation task and the volunteer coordinator shall be available on email (if you prefer to work remotely) to resolve any issues.
Native speakers of Haitian Creole with professional or bilingual proficiency in English are encouraged to apply.
If you are a new language learner with professional proficiency this is another opportunity to further your learning as you can set your own pace, as long as we as a team meet the delivery deadlines!
Translation may be done from anywhere in the world and on your schedule, with varying levels of time commitment.
We will provide you with a Certificate of Appreciation for your time and services, which you may use towards your community service hours.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief background stating your motivation to volunteer with us, availability, CV, an assessment of your language / translation skills and constraints, if any. Thank you!