Transport Our Pups!!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
Give us a few hours and we will give you a lotta love back from our rescue dogs! Become a Driver and change homeless Dogs and Cats Lives! At Ruff House Rescue we know you must have a kind heart because you wanting to lend a helping hand -- these traits always seem to come together!
2 Types of transport needed: 1- LOCAL transport around Freeport, NY and 2-Freedom Ride from the Vince Lombardi Service Station (northern NJ) to Freeport, NY (Long Island)! We provide the van, travel crates, and EZ Pass! Unless you have a minivan that you will allow to be used for transport!1 animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US)
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." ― The Dalai Lama
Provide Freedom Ride transport from the Vince Lombardi Service Station to our rescue facility in Freeport, New York. STARTS: Vince Lombardi Service Station, 116E NJ Tpke, Ridgefield, NJ 07657. ENDS: Freeport, New York (Long Island, near Hempstead).
Length of term:
There is a 2 to 3 hours time required per Freedom Ride. Pick up from the Service Station is usually on Saturdays around 11:45 AM.
- - Strong work ethics
- - Must be at least 21 years old
- - Be able to handle dogs of varying sizes/weights
- - Valid drivers license -- in good standing
- - If you are using your own minivan you must own the vehicle
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- Total # of Hours you can volunteer per week
- If you are at least 21 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application
- Any questions
RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
YES Letter provided! Some other ideas -- a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE see below.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
We'll work with your schedule.
RHR's Rescue LocationFreeport, NY 11520
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21