5 people are interested
Conduct minor home repairs that fall near the bottom of priority on our current health and safety repairs list in the Home Repair Department. These minor home repairs are conducted in clients’ homes throughout Snohomish County and occasionally maintenance repairs are needed in our Agency office in order to assist our Home Repair department.
· Provide own transportation and tools to perform minor repairs.Materials will be provided, if needed, for jobs.
· Types of repairs include but not limited to: reinstall or repair closet or sliding shower doors, re-hang closet rods, repair drawers and cupboards, change light bulbs, install batteries in smoke alarms, install new smoke alarms and CO detectors, install weather stripping and door sweeps, adjustments to door hinges, clear single sections of clogged gutters that are causing home damage, deliver loaner space heaters to clients who suddenly do not have heat, repair sink drains plugs, free minor clogs, improve trip hazards in the home, replace single rotted boards or step treads, install dowels at windows and sliding glass doors when appropriate, temporarily board up fully broken windows, remove shower head and install hand held hose and shower wand, shut off water to a home, shut off power to a home, set-up/remove air conditioning units etc.
· ASSESS ONLY more serious health and safety jobs and provide urgent requests to office staff for dangerous situations that must be addressed (need for grab bars, fully rotted decks/steps supports, roof leaks, rotted interior floors, active plumbing leaks), etc.
Basic maintenance requests around our non-profit offices include: hang a single coat hook, reattached a toilet paper dispenser, change out fluorescent light bulbs, repair loose door handles, assemble new office chairs, assemble desks/printer stations, affix bookshelves and other cabinets to the wall for earthquake safety, etc.
Non-smoking environment.Must successfully complete a criminal background check.Able to see, hear and speak adequately to perform the functions of this position.
We'll work with your schedule.
11627 Airport Rd., Suite BEverett, WA 98204
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hrs/mo,Mandatory 1.5 hr orientation
- Previous extensive home repair experience, lift 40 lbs, Basic sewer and minor clog removal