ACASI needs Pima Co. Mentors.
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Nearly 3,000 children per year in the United States lose a parent to intimate partner homicide (IPH). These child survivors often need mentorship from adults who can be there for them.
Research finds that children who have a stable and consistent relationship with a caring adult:
· Benefit from the protective factor it provides.
· Are assisted with building resiliency.
· Experience better outcomes in the healing process.
The Arizona Child and Adolescent Survivor Initiative's (ACASI) mission is to develop a multi-county trauma-informed care system to provide wraparound services to children who have lost a parent to intimate partner homicide.
What makes a good mentor?
· A sincere desire to be involved with a child/young person
· Active listening skills
· Ability to see solutions and opportunities
ACASI provides free, specialized training to identified stakeholders, community partners, providers, and volunteers to address the needs of this vulnerable group of children.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 9 months, 3-4 hours a month.
- Communicate monthly with ACAS, on-going ACASI Volunteer training