Calling all Angels to Volunteer with local Veterans as an Outreach Representative
DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
As the Outreach Representative, you have a responsibility to be knowledgeable about Soldiers’ Angels mission to serve military and veterans, volunteer opportunities, opportunities for donors, and opportunities to engage corporations and businesses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to commit to volunteer 5-10 hours per week
- Attend local Veteran events to provide outreach to potential clients
- Attend local CFC events
- Actively meets with military affiliated programs, schools, faith based organizations and other community partners to develop new relationships and partnerships.
- Develop relationships with potential local businesses and colleges who have volunteer pools.
- Develop relationships with potential donors, businesses, and corporations that have an interest in supporting Soldiers’ Angels.
- Conduct briefings for businesses, corporations, non-profit organizations (VFW, American Legion) about Soldiers’ Angels mission, support, engagement and volunteer opportunities..
REQUIRED MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to attend outreach events in the local area and work occasional hours outside of the normal work day.
- Must possess polished oral and written communication skills to effectively present information to potential donors, volunteers, and businesses.
- 1+ years of experience in community outreach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Outgoing, with strong interpersonal skills and experience/comfort in public speaking.
- Responsive and reliable; able to work independently; comfortable working in a community setting with diverse populations.
We'll work with your schedule.
1055 Clermont St.Denver, CO 80220
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training