Outgoing, personable & welcoming? Join the Red Cross as an Interview Screener!
36 people are interested
Our Red Cross Volunteer Screeners are the important link between new volunteers and the opportunities here. Given the recent disaster cycle, there are many volunteers interested in helping us, and we need YOU to help us help them. Screeners gather relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions they are best suited for.
- Time Commitment:
- Minimum 1 day a week, over a 6 month period
- Hours should typically be served during business hours
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings over the phone with prospective volunteers.
- Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and placement process.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest,availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
- Opportunities to work in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Working with deadlines and specific time-lines. Hone and develop interview skills.
- Experience towards working with Event Based Volunteers and Staff Services on Disaster Relief Operations.
We'll work with your schedule.
8550 Arlington Blvd.Fairfax, VA 22031
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Capacity Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Training is onsite 8550 Arlington Blvd (Fairfax) location.