Do you love dogs? Particularly Labrador Retrievers? We are looking for foster homes to care for our dogs while they undergo training to become Service, Guide, Autism-Service, Facility, and Companion dogs! Help a blind person get a Guide Dog, a child with Autism get an Autism-Service Dog, or a person in a wheelchair get a Service Dog. It all starts with you, being willing to try!
The commitment is only one year to raise a puppy. If you go on holidays, we have volunteers who will watch them! Fostering is free; we provide the food, equipment, training, and vet care.
No dog experience is required and you can still foster if you have a pet dog of your own! (Up to two dogs with up-to-date vaccines).
Please contact Kerri at (780) 944-8011 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. We are always looking for foster homes, especially puppy foster homes, our program could not exist without them!
Puppy Raising Criteria:
- One adult must be at home during the day, or be able to bring the puppy to work with them.
- The puppy lives in the home as a member of the family
- The puppy is not allowed on furniture
- The Puppy Raiser attends weekly training classes (4 classes/month, 45-60 minutes in duration)
- Children in the home must be age 5 or older
- No more than 2 resident dogs in the home
- Must have own vehicle
- Special Needs
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One Year