10 people are interested
Volunteer Donation Coordinator
Title: Donation Coordinator
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
The Donation Coordinator is responsible for reporting on and managing all current, incoming and outgoing donations.
- Manage and record incoming donations
- Inform housing staff about donation inventory
- Alert administrative staff when certain donations are needed
- Sort and organize donations
Qualification and Skills:
- Personable with well-developed communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Takes initiative when he or she sees something needs to be completed
- Works well independently
- Takes responsibility for his or her own work
- Can lift medium sized boxes (up to 20 lbs)
Requirements and Commitment
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check
- Two references - Academic or Extra-Curricular
- Must be 18 years or older
- Orientation and training
- 6 month commitment
- Once a week for 2-3 hours or twice a week for 1-2 hours each day
About Friends Association
113 West Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380, US
Friends Association promotes the independence of families with children by providing shelter, programs and services that prevent and end homelessness in Chester County.
Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabliize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing. Through our Emergency Family Shelter, Outreach and Homeless Prevention Programs we address the needs of a wide range of families with children, from those who have become homeless to those who need assistance for a limited time. Our programs help families cope with the complex problems they face while we guide them to find permanent, affordable housing.
Emergency Family Shelter
Our Shelter program combines a private, safe setting and basic necessities with individualized case management services for our families. We strive to keep parents and children together as they work toward becoming stable and productive in their homes, jobs and schools.
Homeless Prevention Program
We help families with children find or maintain safe, permanent housing. Our program balances strong case management services with financial assistance, when needed, for families coming from a shelter or those facing eviction. Our families become independent within 12 to 18 months.
Outreach to Homeless Families
Our Outreach Program connects homeless families with numerous community resources when shelter beds are not available and helps each family develop a plan to transition into stable housing. The program's goal is to secure resources to sustain these families until they are temporarily or permanently housed.
We'll work with your schedule.
113 West Chestnut StreetWest Chester, PA 19380
- Inventory Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1/week for 2-3 hours or 2/week for 1-2 hours
- At least a 6 month commitment