NICU Community Ambassador Nationwide
2 people are interested
NICU Community Ambassador Suggested involvement: 1-2 days per month
NICU Community Ambassadors will play a key role in helping The Gift of Life to meet its strategic objective of increasing awareness and understanding its work with the general public. Our ambassadors will share The Gift of Life’s story in their local community by delivering talks to local groups and organizations as the opportunity arises. The talks delivered by our NICU Community Ambassadors will ensure more people know about the services that The Gift of Life offers, how to access them, and will increase volunteering and fundraising support for The Gift of Life locally.
NICU Community Ambassador Tasks:
- Become familiar with the work of The Gift of Life and the services that are provided locally.
- All relevant information and speaker notes can be provided
- Research local groups and organizations that welcome outside speakers at meetings and events including local nursing and medical organizations.
- Speak on topics as suggested by media manager that will engage and motivate the audience.
- Promote upcoming events through Social Media
- Ensure all donations and expressions of interest in fundraising and volunteering are passed back to the board to follow up.
- All volunteers need to keep patient confidentiality at all times , being careful not to discuss any information that they have acquired either directly or indirectly in the course of their duties relating to patients, relatives, donors, supporters, employees or volunteers, unless prior written approval given by the person.
NICU Community Ambassador Profile:
- Confident speaker
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good organizational skills
- Confident in responding to questions from an audience (note: we will supply Q&As)
- Willingness to ask the audience to support the charity through volunteering or fundraising.
- 1-2 Times a month speaking at events/meetings in the local community to get the charity name out in the community.
- We are looking for a 12-month commitment at the very least
- Promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within the charity.
NICU Community Ambassador Selection Procedure:
- You will be asked to complete a registration form and provide 2 references.
- There will be an informal interview with the board
NICU Community Ambassador Training:
- All NICU Ambassadors will be given a training pack which contains sample speeches presentations which can be adapted to include information and statistics about The Gift of Life and the services provided.
- Additional training may be available at a later time if additional skills needed for presentation skills and working alone.
- Will be supported through regular updates on the charity’s latest activities from the board of directors meetings.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Program Management
- Public Speaking
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach