Serve! Learn ! Earn! - Seeking Part-Time AmeriCorps Members
3 people are interested
Company: AmeriCorps Goodwill GoodWorks - Goodwill Industries Big Bend Inc.
Job Title: PT AmeriCorps Member - Trainer - Internship
Working Title: AmeriCorps Trainer
Locations: Panama City and Tallahassee, FL
Term: Part Time/25 hours per week, Temporary (Until - July 31, 2019)
Member / Position Summary:
As an AmeriCorps Member serving at Goodwill Industries - Big Bend, Inc. you will gain valuable in-demand transferrable skills, Learn about your community and join a national corps of alumni dedicated to serving their community.
As a key member of our team, the Trainer works directly and indirectly with clients, helping to further Goodwill’s mission of removing barriers to employment through job placement, counseling, and career training services provided to the local community by:
- Assessing clients for skill needs and employment barriers
- Providing or refer client resources for obtaining employment and self-sufficiency
- Planning and presenting one-on-one and group learning sessions
- Teaching, proctoring, and mentoring clients in any area of learning provided by Goodwill (i.e. Computer Skills, GED Prep, QuickBooks; Certified Nursing Training, Hospitality, Money Sense, Business Sense, etc.)
- Developing new course materials and designing e-courses
- Researching prospective programs and improvement ideas
- Providing timely and accurate data entry and record keeping
You will work part-time in our local office, and will occasionally attend off-site meetings and events.
Program Benefits: Learn valuable transferrable in-demand skills, Learn about your community, Earn a living allowance / stipend, and receive an education award upon successful completion of the service year.
Needed Skills: Leadership, Organization, Commitment, Teamwork, Computer Proficiency, Good Group Presentation Skills, and Ability to Work with Diverse Populations
Must be 17+ to apply. Must be able to serve full term working during normal business hours. Working toward or having completed a college degree is preferred. Previous Volunteer Experience a Plus.
Please contact/send resume to Samuel T. Jackson, Jr. Director at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
3207 East 4th StreetPanama CityPanama City, FL 32401
- Program Management
- Google Apps
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Now until July 31, 2019