Children's Activity Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Job Title:Children’s Activities Volunteer
Reports to: In-house Advocate
Volunteers will plan and coordinate regular activities for children in the Refugio (shelter). This may include field trips, educational activities, crafts, etc.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Planning and engaging in activities with children (activities may include mothers and other residents when appropriate)
- Providing supportive listening to children at the Refugio
- Providing childcare and activities during women’s support group
- Maintaining children’s materials, including playroom and educational activities, and rotating toys and activities regularly depending on ages of interest of children in the Refugio
15 hours training required regarding:
- Organization history and orientation
- Refugio Operations - Advocacy & Confidentiality
- Domestic Violence
- Planning and leading activities in the Refugio
- Commitment to Casa de Esperanza’s mission, philosophy, and code of ethics
- Ability to relate to people of diverse cultures, sexual orientations, income levels, ages and abilities
- Knowledge and ability to use computers and other resources is preferred
- Experience working in/with the Latin@ community encouraged.
- Bilingual in spoken Spanish and English required.
Time Commitment and Hours Preferred
- Available 2-6 hours per week, preferably evenings during the week and weekends
- 6 months minimum commitment
Casa de Esperanza strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are offered to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Inquiries and applications
Please fill out the volunteer application at our website https://casadeesperanza.org/en/get-involved/volunteer/ . For questions, please contact email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 40115St. PaulSaint Paul, MN 55104
- Child Development
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Available 2-6 hours per week, preferably evenings.
- 6 months minimum commitment.