Note: we are seeking "otherwise-employed" volunteers, but our goal is for the position to become a paid full time position by January.
The Development Director will develop and implement fundraising strategies for the Autoimmune Registry. The position reports to the Executive Director and is located in New York City.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and campaigns to find donors, including companies and individuals, whose philanthropic goals align with ARI.
- Build relationships with donors to retain and upgrade their financial involvement.
- Work with the Executive Director to set annual fundraising goals and implement business strategies and best practices to achieve those goals.
- Coordinate volunteer efforts to leverage their help in fundraising activities
- Continually seek to improve and maintain fundraising skills, including maintaining knowledge of current trends in fundraising.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn quickly by researching new concepts and organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in fund raising or outside sales that involves building and maintaining sales relationship
- Ability and willingness to travel as position demands
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in common business technologies. Basic website management skills a plus.
- Ability to balance priorities and track progress towards goals
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 8 hours/week - eventually full time
- A personal connection to autoimmune disease is desireable but not necessary