Note: we are seeking "otherwise-employed" volunteers, but our goal is for the position to become a paid full time position by January.
The Executive Director will develop and implement activities for the Autoimmune Registry. The position reports to the Board of Directors and is located in New York City.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the Registry
- Coordinate patient recruitment activities with researchers
- Increase participation in the Registry through social media, advertising, and collaborations with other non-profit organizations
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and campaigns to find donors, including companies and individuals, whose philanthropic goals align with ARI.
- Coordinate volunteer efforts to leverage their help in fundraising and other activities
- Ability to learn quickly by researching new concepts and organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in fund raising or outside sales that involves building and maintaining sales relationship
- Ability and willingness to travel as position demands
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in common business technologies. Basic website management skills a plus.
- Ability to balance priorities and track progress towards goals
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 8 hours/week - eventually full time
- A personal connection to autoimmune disease is desireable but not necessary