Goverment : *Disaster - External Relations - Government Liaison
2 people are interested
The Government Operations Service Associates (GO SA) act as the direct daily (if appropriate) contact with government partners, generally in an Emergency Operations Center or other coordination center, during a disaster relief operation. GOs are responsible for ensuring Red Cross actions are aligned with, supportive of, and complementary to government. They effectively represent the Red Cross to external partners, manage internal and external expectations, establish and monitor situational awareness, and seek, collect, evaluate and communicate critical information. GO SAs, especially in an EOC, have the overarching responsibility of building trust and fostering collaboration between the Red Cross and government partners.
OPEN TIME DAYS
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.REQUIRED TRAINING
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Collaborating Essentials
- Government Operations Fundamentals
- Government Operations Center Liaison Fundamentals
- Concept of Operations Overview
- Everyone is Welcome
- National Shelter System: Introduction to NSS Support
- Shelter Fundamentals
- Public Affairs Essentials
FEMA Online Training
- IS100.b Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS700.a NIMS An Introduction
- IS800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
- Mass Care: An Overview
- Operations Planning Fundamentals
- Incident Reporting Fundamentals
- Disaster Assessment Fundamentals - Part 1
- Logistics: An Overview
- Recovery Services: An Overview
- Mobilize the Community: An Overview
- IS200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS230.d Fundamentals of Emergency Management
- IS405 Mass Care/Emergency Assistance Overview
- IS368 Including People with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs in Disaster Operations
About American Red Cross - North Florida Region
751 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
1425 NW 6th StreetGainesville, FL 32601
- People 55+
- May retain position as long as training is updated and regional engagement criteria is met. Leadersh