Senior Companion volunteers provide support and companionship to senior clients requiring additional assistance to continue living independently in their own homes or communities. There is no cost or income guideline for clients to receive the services of a Senior Companion volunteer. Our Senior Companion Program will match screened volunteers with clients within their own communities who need assistance, companionship and friendship. Senior Companion volunteers must be 55 years of age or older, enjoy working with seniors, and commit to serve 15 or more hours per week.
Some of the benefits Senior Companion volunteers receive include:
- A non-taxable hourly stipend of $2.65 (if income-eligible)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pre-service and monthly training opportunities
- Monthly meal reimbursement
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick days
- Supplemental accident/liability insurance while on duty
The Senior Companion Program provides individuals who are at least 55 years of age, and living at or below 200% of the poverty income guideline, with meaningful volunteer opportunities within their own communities. Volunteers are also welcome if their income exceeds the guidelines. They are still eligible for mileage and meal reimbursement, and supplemental insurance while on duty.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Provide companionship at least 15 hours per week
- Love to help neighbors and remain active in their community