The Membership Committee of Tahoma Audubon Society (TAS) supports the recruitment, retention, and engagement of a diverse membership which reflects Pierce County in order to advance the mission of the organization.
- Enjoyment and satisfaction of carrying out the work of a highly respected organization and leader of the environmental community.
- Learning from specialists in a variety of natural history and environmental professions and backgrounds.
- Gaining skills in nonprofit administration.
- Camaraderie of others with interest and experiences in birding and the natural world.
- Invitation to annual Volunteer Appreciation party.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with staff and other volunteers to plan and promote programs, events, and other opportunities which engage the membership and those in the community with the mission of the organization.
- Represent Tahoma Audubon at outreach booths and programs as ambassador with a knowledge of organization and a welcoming manner.
- Promote volunteerism among the membership, and support volunteer recognition.
- Follow the guidelines and perform the tasks of the committee as detailed in the Membership Committee Charter.
- Meet as a committee with the staff liaison on a monthly basis. Current meeting is scheduled for 1:00pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Adriana Hess Audubon Center in University Place.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, reliable and flexible
- Interest in and appreciation of the natural world
- Available for monthly committee meeting (currently not scheduled in August)
- Available to volunteer 4 to 16 hours of outreach or program staffing per month
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to provide own transportation to meetings or outreach sites
- Successfully complete Volunteer application and orientation process, including a state or national criminal background check
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 - 16 hours per month
- Birding Class & Workshop...
- Urban Nature Walk Guides
- Bird Walk Guides
- Morse Force Educators/Docents
- Conservation Committee Members
- Native Plant Walk Guide
- Board Member
- Thelma Gilmur Education...
- Membership Committee Members
- Habitat Restoration Work Party -...
- Adriana Hess Audubon Center...
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Community Outreach Team Member
- Community Scientists
- Morse Force Wildlife/Property...