The NorthPoint Mobile Food Shelf brings food out to communities that are not able to come to NorthPoint for our on-site Food Shelf. Along with providing food, we also provide health screenings and nutrition education. We currently serve 5 different locations near NorthPoint every 3rd Tuesday of the month 8:30am-11:30am, and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Friday of the month 12:30pm-3:30pm.
As a Nutrition Education Volunteer you will be assisting our Dietitian at these sites. You can also help with monthly Cooking Demonstrations at our Clinic and Human Services buildings; these usually take place over the lunch hour for our patients, clients, customers and staff.
We ask that you volunteer at least once a month. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. On Tuesdays a fluent speaker in Hmong and English is required.
Here are the Mobile Food Shelf sites that we visit:
1 st Friday @ The Village Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
2 nd Friday @ Parkview Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
3 rd Tuesday @ Metro Senior Center 8:30-11:30am
3 rd Friday @ Higher Ground Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
4 th Friday @ St. Anne’s Apartments 12:30-3:30pm
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum once a month for 3 hour shift for 3 months
- Toys for Tots Registration in...
- Nutrition Education for Children
- Hmong Health Outreach Worker...
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer...
- Toys for Tots Distribution...
- Volunteer Program - Outreach...
- Food Shelf Data Entry and...
- Community Health Outreach...
- Computer Lab Coaching Volunteer
- Volunteer Hospitality Greeter
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Men's Health Community Outreach...
- Children's Book Shelf Assistant
- Food Shelf Assistant -...
- Nutrition Education Volunteer