For 55 years Gatesway has provided housing and job training for individuals with intellectual disabilities such as Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and many additional disabilities. All proceeds support the programs that Gatesway provides to over 450 clients and their families each year. Services are available for clients 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Our annual balloon festival is vital to our fundraising efforts. We will need 350 volunteers for the festival weekend of September 7-8 in areas of balloon crew assistance, staff & VIP check-in, arts & crafts tent help, pilot hospitality, festival info booth, light cleanup and much more. Businesses, schools, individuals, and churches are encouraged to form volunteer teams of 10-30+ volunteers, and we will help you coordinate shifts and duties. There are several shifts to choose from for each day of the festival so it is pretty flexible.
VOLUNTEER Need to Know:
- You get to pick the volunteer interest area & shift in your volunteer application so you will have the best possible experience
- Supervised groups or multiple volunteer parties of friends, families, churches, etc. are encouraged but individuals signups are fine too
- All volunteers get a free t-shirt
- Volunteers must agree to make themselves available for shifts as required and fulfill the obligations of being a volunteer with the Gatesway Balloon Festival
- Gatesway will provide signed record or documentation of volunteer time if it needs to be tracked for work or school.
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hour shift
- Some areas of help, such as balloon crew assistance, may require long periods on foot and strength